Subject: NetBSD Supported Hardware Database and looking for printers
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/30/2002 14:10:02
I am looking for a list of low-cost printers that are known to work good
under NetBSD (as others have also asked via the NetBSD mailing lists over
the past years).

Is there any way to get the NetBSD Supported Hardware Database at
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/hw.cgi to display all printers?

(Also, it looks like the USB Printers category is empty.)

If your printers successfully work under NetBSD, can you share some
details to that database or to me.

The linuxprinting.org website is great and useful, but in some cases a
printer that works perfectly under Linux may not work at all.

I'd be glad to make a webpage about supported printers under NetBSD (like
I did with laptops and NetBSD). Feel free to email me off-list.

As for myself, I successfully use various HP LaserJets using ghostscript,
but I haven't done duplex printing yet.

Also, I have a couple Epson Stylus Color 480SXU (USB) printers that don't
work (well, one successfully page printed in over 20 hours of tests).

Hoping to find (or build) a list of low-cost, color inkjet printers that
work great under NetBSD ...

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/