Subject: Re: The best ever
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon@widomaker.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/29/2002 20:40:32
On Sun, Sep 29, 2002 at 01:55:44PM -0500, Harry McDonald wrote:
> I have been using 1.6 for about a day-and-a-half.
>
> It is without a doubt the best release ever. It installed without a hitch.

I find it's a very good upgrade.

I was never able to get shell's working right on serial ports with 1.5.x,
and everything is fine on 1.6.  Whoever fixed the serial port code in
1.6, thanks.

> KDE works fine too. (More than I can say about the latest releases of
> FreeBSD and OpenBSD.) FreeBSD was so cranky I have to run Gnome on it.

Hmmm... FreeBSD seems fine to me, though nothing is as good as Linux
for this because I have nVidia graphics on my test workstation, and only
the Linux drivers are fully accelerated.

--
UNIX/Perl/C/Pizza__________________________________shannon@widomaker.com