Subject: No APM on new laptop
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Bryan J. Phillippe \(spamblock\) <bryan-spamtrap4@darkforest.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/29/2002 11:41:40
Hello,

I just installed NetBSD-1.6/i386 on an HP Pavilion zt1230 laptop and have
only had a few snags.(*)  The one I'm currently dealing with is that APM
does not seem to be discovered.  I built a new kernel with apm0 at mainbus0
defined, but on bootup I see no apm discovery output, and apmd fails to
open /dev/apmctl.  Any ideas on how to get power management working on this
system?

(*)
1.) NVRAM century was off; fixed with setting nvr_update_century in DDB.
2.) S3 ProSavage PN133 not detectable by X -configure; fixed by patching
xf86PciInfo.h to include #define PCI_CHIP_S3TWISTER_P 0x8d01

Thanks,
-bp
--
# bryan_at_darkforest_dot_org