Subject: Re: pentium IV info
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/25/2002 15:53:59
Hi,

On 25 Sep 2002 at 14:29, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> i have to choose (quite quickly) between pentium III and pentium IV
> computer. price difference isn't big, but will PIV really be much
> faster?

what shall it do? I have not seen much difference between a PIII 1GHz and a PIV 1,5GHz., but that
has been a while ago and I tested for servers (Mail, HTTP etc.) where I rarely have a lack of CPU
power. If it is used to rip music or video the PIV AFAIK should be faster (for having higher
clockrates, the fastest PIII is 1,4GHz, the fastest PIV is 2,8GHz. at about the same price).

mike