Subject: Re: RAID warning - dangerous?
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Thomas Michael Wanka <Tom@Wanka.at>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/22/2002 12:45:30
Hi,

On 21 Sep 2002 at 21:06, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> even with competitive price i wouldn't buy anything from company that
> simply lies and cheats customers - which is what they do with their
> other "RAID controllers"

I see this as marketing, my problem is the lack of support. Their products may be a good "MS-
only" solution. They suggest "hot-swap" capabilities of their raid controllers, that is only true
if you use their hot swap trays. But their trays are good. They have less metal and more plastic
as eg. the Kingston products, but the price is Ok. SCSI to IDE solutions may be Ok too.

mike