Subject: Re: OT: Sendmail on the firewall
To: Carlos A. Carnero Delgado <carnero@icrt.cu>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/18/2002 16:01:03
Hi !

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Carlos A. Carnero Delgado wrote:
> OK, after reading a bit cf/README I see now what MAILHUB does. I'll
> start experimenting soon. Now, can the internal mail server (running on
> Windows, BTW) have as it "smart host" this Sendmail on the firewall?
> (Hmm, I think it should be no problem)

Yes, exactly this is the setup here. In details:

[external smtp-gateway for outgoing mail]---[firewall]---[internal sendmail]

                                      [DMZ webserver sendmail]

Mail comes in directly to the firewall, local users are forwarded to the
internal sendmail. Internal sendmail uses firewall as smarthost, mail is
forwarded to external gateway if not local. The DMZ webserver also sends
everything to the firewall, where it is split up either as external mail for
the external gateway or sent to the internal sendmail for local users.

If you don't get it up and running, i could send you portions of my m4-config
files.

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/     Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX