Subject: Re: OT: Sendmail on the firewall
To: Michael Kukat <>
From: Carlos A. Carnero Delgado <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/18/2002 09:58:00

Michael Kukat wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Carlos A. Carnero Delgado wrote:
>>What I'd like to do is to configure Sendmail on the firewall as a
>>bidirectional gateway (i.e. no more rdrs.) Is this possible? Anyone has
>>that setup working? Is that recommended? A sample Tips? Beer?
> Yep. Works fine... You want to declare a MAILHUB for the internal stuff, where
> unknown users for your own domains (configured in a different file) are
> forwarded to. The rest is standard (either direct outgoind traffic or via a

OK, after reading a bit cf/README I see now what MAILHUB does. I'll
start experimenting soon. Now, can the internal mail server (running on
Windows, BTW) have as it "smart host" this Sendmail on the firewall?
(Hmm, I think it should be no problem)

Thanks a lot,
carlos carnero | | sysadmin/BOFH

<django23> I have a stupid question: what does "sendmail" do?
<Epesh> django: you're right, that is pretty stupid