Subject: Re: OT: Sendmail on the firewall
To: Carlos A. Carnero Delgado <carnero@icrt.cu>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/18/2002 15:46:47
Hi !

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Carlos A. Carnero Delgado wrote:
> What I'd like to do is to configure Sendmail on the firewall as a
> bidirectional gateway (i.e. no more rdrs.) Is this possible? Anyone has
> that setup working? Is that recommended? A sample sendmail.cf? Tips? Beer?

Yep. Works fine... You want to declare a MAILHUB for the internal stuff, where
unknown users for your own domains (configured in a different file) are
forwarded to. The rest is standard (either direct outgoind traffic or via a
SMARTHOST)

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/     Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX