Subject: Re: need a PS printer fast
To: Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>
From: Herb Peyerl <hpeyerl@beer.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/10/2002 06:46:26
Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>  wrote:
 > On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 07:26:08AM -0600, Herb Peyerl wrote:
 > > Mike Parson <mparson@bl.org>  wrote:
 > >> I've run significantly more complex PS than sohwpage through gs
 > >> with few problems.  The driver you're using on your OSX system
 > >> might be the culprit here, have you tried using something more like
 > >> the Apple Laserwriter Select 360?  It's the driver I've had the
 > >> most luck with classic Macs as clients.
 > >
 > > I've tried both the Generic PPD and the Laserwriter PPD. I haven't
 > > specifically tried the "Apple Laserwriter Select 360" one. I'm also
 >
 > That should have been good enough.

Thanks for this reply.  I actually did get it working once you'd
confirmed that you were using it in production and that I was
clearly doing something wrong.  Turns out (duh) I forgot a trailing
'-' on the ghostscript command line.  I'm not sure where ghostscript
was getting its input from but whatever.

Anyway, thanks.