Subject: Re: Support for 3ware Escalade 7000 series on 1.5 or 1.6? (xs4)
To: Rogier Krieger <rogier@virgiel.nl>
From: Daniel Carosone <dan@geek.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/07/2002 09:32:02
On Fri, Sep 06, 2002 at 04:21:23PM +0200, Rogier Krieger wrote:
> (notably the 7000-2, the previous 7210 before its part
> number was changed)?

Be warned! There were hardware bugs in older escalade cards, and
the 7000 (iirc) series was withdrawn shortly after initial release, to
reappear again some months later. They seem to have removed reference
to older cards from their website last I looked, too.

I don't know if the card you have is such a card, or what the nature
of the problems was (other than that they were apparently serious),
but you should check into this issue carefully.

--
Dan.