Subject: Re: winbindd with nsswitch
To: Matt Doughty <mdoughty@japan.ea.com>
From: Johnny C. Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/05/2002 13:53:51
On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 02:49:11PM +0900, Matt Doughty wrote:
> Is anyone using this? I can't find any documentation on getting this
> working with NetBSD, but the daemon is included with samba package.
> I begin to suspect that it is included, but isn't actually usable
> with our nsswitch system.  I hope someone can tell me I am wrong.

That's correct -- winbind does not yet work with NetBSD's nsswitch because
NetBSD doesn't support loadable nsswitch modules.  Only the PAM module
from the winbind package (in conjuction with a running samba and winbindd)
is usable, and allows authentication against an NT or Samba server using
the NT authentication RPC calls.

	Cheers,

	-- Johnny Lam <jlam@netbsd.org>