Subject: Re: Starting Browsers
To: None <>
From: Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/04/2002 21:10:54 (Jeremy C. Reed) writes:
> My diary reminds me that I had same issue in May. In my case, my problem
> was "my ~/.gconf and ~/.gconfd directories and files were owned by root.
> (I guess I ran skipstone as root.) So I chowned them and galeon worked."

My notes also show I had a problem with an old ~/.galeon directory
from a previous version.  Galeon exited with a very non-informative
msg until I finally latched onto the fact that I had an incompatible
galeon conf directory kicking around from one of the first galeon

       Wolfgang Rupprecht <>
      Hackers don't spread viruses.  Microsoft spreads viruses.