Subject: Re: Starting Browsers
To: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/04/2002 20:36:27
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Curt Sampson wrote:
> Anybody got any suggestions for a reasonably fast, light-weight
> web browser with good rendering, that work also render Japanese
> well? I've been trying to replace Netscape 4.78 for ages, but I
> can't seem to find anything else with half its capabilities that
> isn't a bloated pig.

dillo is very fast. You could consider it bloated with its many libraries
it needs, but its seems a lot snappier than galeon.

Dillo Japanese Patch
http://www.ee.ed.ac.uk/~rjt/dillo/japanese.html

Also, Konqueror (also bloated) from KDE3 (and maybe older versions)
supposedly supports Japanese too.

w3m is coded by Japanese developer.

Also links and elinks I believe may support it. (But I am not sure.)

Anyways, I don't know, because I don't use. I should practice by Hiragana
before I forget though :)

Good luck,

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://bsd.reedmedia.net/