Subject: Re: Starting Browsers
To: Curt Sampson <>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 09/04/2002 20:36:27
On Thu, 5 Sep 2002, Curt Sampson wrote:
> Anybody got any suggestions for a reasonably fast, light-weight
> web browser with good rendering, that work also render Japanese
> well? I've been trying to replace Netscape 4.78 for ages, but I
> can't seem to find anything else with half its capabilities that
> isn't a bloated pig.

dillo is very fast. You could consider it bloated with its many libraries
it needs, but its seems a lot snappier than galeon.

Dillo Japanese Patch

Also, Konqueror (also bloated) from KDE3 (and maybe older versions)
supposedly supports Japanese too.

w3m is coded by Japanese developer.

Also links and elinks I believe may support it. (But I am not sure.)

Anyways, I don't know, because I don't use. I should practice by Hiragana
before I forget though :)

Good luck,

   Jeremy C. Reed