Subject: Re: mdsetimage: could not find symbols in netbsd
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/29/2002 22:52:59
> This is an old question... The kernel has full symbol table, and I have
> pseudodevice md in the kernel (it's GENERIC on 1.6_BETA5).
>=20
> What's wrong? Is there any caveat about the way the image is done? I
> made it using dd, vnconfig, disklabel, newfs, mount, I added 3 files,
> and unmount, vnconfig -u

For future reference, I forgot to include the following lines:
options         MEMORY_DISK_HOOKS
options         MEMORY_DISK_IS_ROOT
options         MEMORY_DISK_SERVER=3D0
options         MEMORY_DISK_ROOT_SIZE=3D4096

So this is mandatory, and pseudo-device md also (as it was pointed out
last time someone asked)

--=20
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 2000, Windows Millenium
D=E9sormais, les OS portent la date de peremption dans leurs noms.
manu@netbsd.org