Subject: Re: Network puzzle
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: tld <tld@tld.digitalcurse.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/29/2002 19:05:18
Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> you made an error generally looking - defined different and not bridged
> network with same network address and netmask
Well, I think so.
I could not find any reference out there, so I tried the hard & dirty way :)

> the real solution is:
> do this arp -s .....
> leave your internal network 192.....
> define extra IP number on target machine as an alias /32
> add route -host <this IP> 192.168.a.b
> on NetBSD box

If I got it right, the trick here is to use the NetBSD as a forwarder,
then put on the 192.168 network and then reach the destination?
Problem are:
1) On NT, I cannot put .242/32, it complains about wrong netmask; it
must be /29 or less
2) Still on NT, it complains about a network conflict on .252,
apparently arp told on 192.. about the address too :-/

Unless I have it working, my solution is to have an ipnat.conf like this:

map ne0 xxx/32 -> x.252/32 proxy port ftp ftp/tcp
bimap ne0 xxx/32 ->x.252/32
(all remaining 192.168 remaps go below)

which may be not the best but works fine enough.

Thank you all for your attention & support!
	Paolo Torelli