Subject: Panic during FIFO test
To: None <>
From: Julio Merino <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/22/2002 13:17:03

The panic I'll explain now ocurrs in NetBSD 1.6F, although I think it will
also happen in 1.6-RC1 (this is why I'm sending to netbsd-users).

First of all, you need to install pkg_comp from PR pkg/17986 and setup a
simple configuration script (the default one is ok, but you may want to
disable X11).  For the impatient:

# pkg_comp maketemplate
# vi /root/pkg_comp/default.conf
(edit edit edit)
# pkg_comp makeroot

When this is done, try to compile misc/screen inside the chroot, like this:

# pkg_comp build misc/screen

When the configure script reaches the FIFO checks, the kernel breaks... it
does not happen if I build misc/screen as the normal way (outside the

Could anybody try this to see if it is not only my computer the one

I'll send-pr this problem when I've more info.

HispaBSD admin -
Julio Merino <>