Subject: Re: openssl-0.9.6e + release-1-4 + i386 = unhappy
To: NetBSD Users <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Uwe Lienig <Uwe.Lienig@fif.mw.htw-dresden.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/20/2002 11:27:59
Frederick Bruckman wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Aug 05, 2002 at 02:13:40PM -0700, Aaron J. Grier wrote:
> >
> > apparently openssl can't properly build shared libraries under 1.4
> > anymore.  Fred B suggested I try building non-shared libraries, which
> > worked (see attached patch), but I first had to update libc to
> > /usr/lib/libc.so.12.40.2 in order to get strlcat and friends.
>
> Thomas has updated 0.9.6g to build without shared libraries on 1.4.*.
> Try it with Makefile v 1.58 (or 1.59).

Today I sup'ed the pkgsrc. After successful upgrade of pkgsrc I tried to make
openssl. make fetched openssl-0.9.6g ok. The buildprocess started - and failed
immediately with

#> make
===> Building for openssl-0.9.6g
cd: can't cd to /usr/pkgsrc/obj/security/openssl/work/openssl-0.9.6g
*** Error code 2

Stop.
*** Error code 1

Stop.

Obviously something isn't as expected. The work dir in <OBJ> hasn't been
created. Seems to be, that the fetched packages aren't unpacked - am I wrong ? I
suppose that the failure isn't related to pmax port but to the package system.

Please help.

--
Uwe Lienig  | fon: (+49 351) 462 2780 | mailto:uwe.lienig@fif.mw.htw-dresden.de
            | fax: (+49 351) 462 3476 | http://www.fif.mw.htw-dresden.de
HTW Dresden | parcels: Gutzkowstr. 22 | letters: PF 12 07 01
   -FiF-    |          01069 Dresden  |          01008 Dresden