Subject: Re: Savage4 / XFree 4.2.0
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/16/2002 22:08:33
On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 08:41:02PM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > I still can't make the card work at 1280x1024x24, so I think I'll take it
> > back.  Especially if I manage to make gmplayer and friends work with my
> > old Matrox G200.
>
> if you have such card use it, it's excellent. not only for movies.

Heh.  I was going to set up a "new" machine before tearing the current one
apart - but now that the Savage4 doesn't work well enough and the disk
died, it seems I'll have to try upgrading a production system :-I

> if you don't give me it :)

No, I like collecting outdated computer hardware ;)

> > Was going to try this tonight, but my not-so-old 45 GB IBM disk decided
> > to die..
>
> unfortunately IBM produced few series of broken 7200 rpm drives :(

It seems so.. anything good or bad about the 120 GB Maxtors?  I guess
they're slow when compared to these IBM's, but how about their reliability?

  -jm