Subject: Re: Savage4 / XFree 4.2.0
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: Jukka Marin <jmarin@pyy.jmp.fi>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/16/2002 21:14:01
On Fri, Aug 16, 2002 at 07:05:18PM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:
> > > Even at 16bpp, I see "noise" on the screen when running gmplayer, so I
> > > think the savage driver is less than optimal or the card is .. too cheap
> >
> > There _many_ options for mplayer which could change this. Does your card
> > support Xv(ideo)? Do you load the extension? Does mplayer make use of it?
>
> AFAIK it does. it's written in mplayer docs
> (/usr/pkg/share/mplayer/DOCS/video.html)

Yep, and it worked, but I still got that "noise" (vertical stripes of
blue pixels) next to the video window.

I still can't make the card work at 1280x1024x24, so I think I'll take it
back.  Especially if I manage to make gmplayer and friends work with my
old Matrox G200.

Was going to try this tonight, but my not-so-old 45 GB IBM disk decided
to die..

  -jm