Subject: Whatever came of UFS/FFS discussions on filesystems > 1TB?
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Brian A. Seklecki <lavalamp@spiritual-machines.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/14/2002 01:05:00
Back in May of 2002, a very long thread started about file systems over 1TB
and subsequent modifications that needed made to file system userland
utilities.  I tried to follow the thread in the archives, but it got rather
carried away (and it was one of those months were duplicate messages were
coming in).  I'm curious what the final word was?  Were there any reported
successful scenarios?  Are there any special steps that need taken?  If so,
I'd like to send-pr(8) so we can get them into the FAQs.  I'm planning on
putting together a 7x160gig RAID0, or ~1TB (no lectures on redundancy, please)
w/ RAIDFrame and I want to clear up any issues in advance.

later -           | _BonaFide[] = { coder, author, | /~\ The ASCII Ribbon
Brian A. Seklecki | problem solver, scholar, BOFH, | \ / Campaign Against
                  | vegetarian, runner, NetBSD     |  X  Exchange, Outlook
                  | advocate, spiritual machine }; | / \ & HTML Email

PGP: 0111 4618 0111 4618 4AB2 24EB C853 6611 75C4 A91E A7A7 4973