Subject: Re: WLAN recommendation
To: None <>
From: Matthias Scheler <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/11/2002 16:38:40
In article <>,
	Markus Illenseer <> writes:
> I am willing to join the WLAN community - but secured. My intention is to
> connect a (Windows 2K) Laptop to my NetBSD 1.5.3 Server/Router (that's
> ad-hoc, no?).

You'll need seperate networks in this scenario because 1.5.3 doesn't
have bridging code yet.

> Which WLAN cards are recommended and working under NetBSD/i386?

I've got a Lucent Orinoco which always worked fine for me. I used it to
connect the computers two rooms in my apartment for a few month.

> Which one is compatible in the PCMCIA slot for the laptop?

The above is. Mine is plugged into a Notebook running Windows 98
right now.

BTW: access points aren't that expensive any more.

	Kind regards

Matthias Scheler