Subject: Re: gnome-building problems
To: Steven M. Bellovin <>
From: Frederick Bruckman <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/08/2002 19:17:30
On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
> In message <>, Fre
> derick Bruckman writes:
> >> ../libgnomeprint/gnome-font-private.h:25: freetype/freetype.h: No such file
> >or directory
> >> *** Error code 1
> >
> >Which package is that? gnome-print?
> >
> >"gnome-print" depends on freetype2, and it's buildlinked, so it'll
> >only pick up whatever includes are in "${WRKDIR}/.buildlink".
> >
> I went to gnome and did 'make update'.  I do think that that was
> gnome-print. I'll try freetype2, but I don't think that that helped
> before.

Let's say it's gnome-print. It does matter which package is actually
broken, because if I do a "make package" in "meta-pkgs/gnome" and I
already have 'gnome-print>=0.29nb1', I may never even see your bug.

> # cd /usr/pkgsrc/graphics/freetype2
> # make update
> ===> FreeType2 has already been installed as part of XFree86-4.x

That's to be expected.

It looks like v 1.16 of "graphics/freetype2/" may fix your
problem. Would you please update and try again?

What's supposed to happen, is

should be a symlink to
"/usr/X11R6/include/freetype2/freetype/freetype.h", and

should be added to the the "cc" command line, so it'll look there.