Subject: Re: How to restore disk from NetBSD (i386)
To: Franck MAHE <Franck.MAHE@civis.net>
From: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/07/2002 21:19:24

> One of my SCSI Disk (DATA) was installed on NetBSD 1.5.2 (i386) but my system crash (System Disk Failure).
>
> I tried to attach data disk on my Apollo 400, and mount it, but the system told me that the disk has no label. Do U have a clue. I have no backup of the disklabel for this disk.

is apollo 400 non-i386 arch? possibly disklabel are in different format.
try attaching to x86 machine

or

dd if=/dev/rsd<something>d of=save bs=4k count=1 (to save header)

disklabel -I -i sd<something>

create first partition a beginning from 0 to end of disk.

then use dumpfs to check size of filesystem

then reedit disklabel (disklabel -i sd<something>)
reeding a partition to match size, make e partition just after a to the
end of disk, save and repeat dumpfs step, then (if it's still ffs) reedit
disklabel etc....

should work if partitions were made without any tricks