Subject: WLAN recommendation
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Markus Illenseer <markus@core.de>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/06/2002 22:38:40
 I am willing to join the WLAN community - but secured. My intention is to
connect a (Windows 2K) Laptop to my NetBSD 1.5.3 Server/Router (that's
ad-hoc, no?).

 Which WLAN cards are recommended and working under NetBSD/i386? Which one
is compatible in the PCMCIA slot for the laptop?

 What happens if I aquire more laptops with WLAN? Does the ad-hoc mode
still work (less bandwith, OK, same with UTP and a standard HUB...)?

 How do I secure? Probably by using ipsec? Is there a how-to available?
How to configure the Window machine?

 Sorry, so many questions, but I couldn't find more informations on
www.netbsd.org or used the wrong query strings in the search engine.

Markus Illenseer