Subject: Re: X windows
To: Chris Wareham <chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk>
From: Min Song <MSong@odu.edu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/06/2002 11:03:05
Chris,

Thank you so much. It works now.

Best regards,

Min

                      Chris Wareham
                      <chris.wareham@iosys        To:       Min Song <MSong@odu.edu>
                      tems.co.uk>                 cc:       netbsd-users@netbsd.org
                      08/06/2002 10:50 AM

Min Song wrote:
> I installed NetBSD 1.5.3 on my P4. After I configured X and start it,
there
> is no scroll up/down bar at the right side of X windows. Is this normal
or
> I was wrong somewhere? Thanks.

If you mean your XTerms are lacking a scrollbar, then try adding this
to your ~/.Xdefaults file:

   XTerm*saveLines: 500
   XTerm*scrollBar: true

Then restart X or run:

   xrdb -merge ~/.Xdefaults

Any new XTerms that you start should now have scrollbars. It's worth
checking the XTerm manpage for other resources that you may wish to
adjust.

Chris

--
chris.wareham@iosystems.co.uk (work)