Subject: Re: Sending UK SMS gateway
To: David Brownlee <abs@formula1.com>
From: Alistair Crooks <agc@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/04/2002 18:24:06
On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 05:16:25PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	There are a couple of SMS sending packages in pkgsrc, for polish
> 	and spanish SMS networks. Has anyone seen anything similar for
> 	a UK network (or even a good email->SMS gateway?) Doesn't have
> 	to be free, but free is always good :)

In the past, I know someone who used perl scripts to use the free
web clients to send SMS messages, but the latency between email
and SMS being delivered varied between 20 minutes and 3 hours, and
so this person considered it unreliable enough, and went with the
9 quid per quarter locust.net subscription service, and has been
quite happy with them (they were taken over by Orange last November,
but it seems to work with most UK networks).

Regards,
Alistair