Subject: Re: Sending UK SMS gateway
To: David Brownlee <>
From: Alistair Crooks <>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 08/04/2002 18:24:06
On Fri, Aug 02, 2002 at 05:16:25PM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
> 	There are a couple of SMS sending packages in pkgsrc, for polish
> 	and spanish SMS networks. Has anyone seen anything similar for
> 	a UK network (or even a good email->SMS gateway?) Doesn't have
> 	to be free, but free is always good :)

In the past, I know someone who used perl scripts to use the free
web clients to send SMS messages, but the latency between email
and SMS being delivered varied between 20 minutes and 3 hours, and
so this person considered it unreliable enough, and went with the
9 quid per quarter subscription service, and has been
quite happy with them (they were taken over by Orange last November,
but it seems to work with most UK networks).