Subject: Re: NetBSD+Win2000?
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/31/2002 15:48:56
In message <20020731194143.GB659@antioche.eu.org>, Manuel Bouyer writes:
>On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 11:27:13AM -0400, JUAN LIU wrote:
>> I have two questions:
>>
>> 1. Can windows 2000 and NetBSD coexist?
>
>Sure. NetBSD comes with a OS boot selector.

I'm running on such a machine right now, in fact.  NetBSD is my default
boot, but I can also book Win2k when I need to decrypt Word documents
and the like.

>> 2. After I boot from the floppy (with boot.fs), there is no network
>> connection - can't ftp. I use 3C920 Fast Ethernet card.
>
>I don't know this one. What does the kernel say about it ?
>less /kern/msgbuf (the boot message it at the end, there is a buch of NULLs
>first)

Is this a warm boot or a cold boot?  I don't about the 3c920, but I had
problems with a 3c905 after a warm boot.  See kern/8921 -- but as you
can see, that was an ancient release, and I have no idea if it's still
a problem even for the 3c905.

		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)