Subject: Re: toor
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/28/2002 19:09:34
On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> Yah.  My point was that on NetBSD, it works; I haven't seen any
> problems with scripts, etc., and I've been running this way since I
> switched to NetBSD about 16 months ago.

I've always deleted toor and switched root to /bin/sh since I started
using NetBSD in late 1994 or early 1995, and have yet to see any problem
with it.

However, it's not that big a deal for me, since it really only affects
console work, where I often "exec /bin/ksh" anyway. When I su, I use the
-m option, so I can keep my shell (ksh), all my aliases, etc.

cjs