Subject: Review tool pkg_comp
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/25/2002 19:35:43
Hello

Sorry, I sent this message before to tech-pkg, but I think that it is of
interest for many more people not just tech-pkg people ;)

I'm writing a tool, pkg_comp, to build packages inside a clean chroot jail.
This is useful, for example, to rebuild binary packages independantly of
our current system (different mk.conf configuration), to check if buidlink
is working properly for some programs, to check if a program depends on
more other packages than the explicitly told, etc etc...

Note that this is a very preliminar version. It lacks features, as well as
debugging. If I'm mailing you is because I need to hear oppinions and
comments (this would be better if..., I do not like this..., etc).

Download it here: ftp://jmmv.dyndns.org/pub/NetBSD/pkg_comp.tar.gz
This is a pkgsrc package, so you should unpack it inside pkgsrc base and
issue make install in the new pkgtools/pkg_comp directory.

You should see how it works by reading pkg_comp(8) after installing.

When it becomes more stable, I'll send-pr it but, for now, it will remain
in the ftp.

Thanks for your time!

--
HispaBSD admin - http://www.HispaBSD.org