Subject: Re: pthread support in kernel
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/24/2002 21:38:15
On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 12:21:01 -0700
Daniel Mercer <dmercer@fantoccini.com> wrote:

> Again, there are many more knowledgeable then I about this,
> but I believe that kernel thread support is in the works and
> will be available Real Soon Now. (I think shortly after 1.6,
> perhaps in 1.6.1?)

AFAIK, it will never get into 1.6.x branch, as this is a big change/improvement.
In fact, nathanw_sa cvs branch will be merged in the current tree "soon"
(I do not know the exact "soon" definition ;).

> The threading implementation will be based on Nathan Williams
> work on Scheduler Activations. A fascinating (and for me very
> educational) paper written by Nathan can be found at:

Hmm... I have it but have never read it. I will do :)

Regards

--
HispaBSD admin - http://www.hispabsd.org
Julio Merino <jmmv@hispabsd.org>