Subject: Re: Tunneling question.
To: Mattias Karlsson <mattias.karlsson@nocom.se>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/23/2002 22:55:38
On Mon, Jul 22, 2002 at 01:29:25PM +0200, Mattias Karlsson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm changing ISP in about a month, after that my setup would look
> something like this:
>

> NetBSD (A) [10.x.x.x] -> ISP controlled gateway -> INTERNET
>

> However, I'd like to make this server public, I have a /26 net
> controlled by me and a NetBSD box:
>

> INTERNET <-> NetBSD (B) <-> xxxx/26 net, mostly NetBSD boxes (C).
>

> What I REALLY want is to make A public with a own IP on /26 via
> either B och C. This because I want to make FTP, HTTP and more
> available to A.
>

> Is this possible? How?

Well, I'm not sure I have really understood your question.
A can reach B directly, right ?
So you can do what you want with gif(4).
On A you'll have to add a route from A to B though the next-hop router
(much like you'd add a default route, but using '-host B' instead of 'default.
Then setup your gif interfaces on both ends. You'll probably need an extra
address on B for the gif interface, but I think this one can be a private
(10.x.x.x or 192.168.x.x) one.

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>