Subject: Re: toor
To: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
From: Michael Kukat <michael@bsdfans.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/23/2002 19:40:28
Hi !

On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
[different root shell]
> Yah.  My point was that on NetBSD, it works; I haven't seen any
> problems with scripts, etc., and I've been running this way since I
> switched to NetBSD about 16 months ago.  I ran that way on BSD/OS for
> many years; I did have a few problems there, but those were mostly
> caused by some funky aliases in my .env file.

Okay. Good to know. If cron-executed scripts don't matter about it, it is
okay. And in general, you have this interpreter definition at the beginning
of scripts, so this also should make no trouble as the correct shell is being
used for execution.

> So -- switch, and stop cursing every time you 'su' and try to use
> ksh-style command-line editing instead of csh's...

Ehm, no. I stay my way calling "ksh" after "su -" manually. But it is nice to
know about the fact NetBSD doesn't get any problems.

...Michael

--
http://www.bsdfans.org/     Home Powered by: (Net|Open|Free)BSD IRIX NonStop-UX
Solaris AIX HP-UX Tru64 MUNIX Ultrix VMS SINIX Dolphin_Unix OpenStep MacOS A/UX