Subject: Re: ssl-enabled Jabber package?
To: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/22/2002 19:28:04
In message <20020718204334.B12779@flash.vaultron.com>, Andrew Gillham writes:
>On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 01:20:11PM +0900, Marshall Rose wrote:
>> > What is a good ssl-enabled Jabber client?  All I've found in pkgsrc is
>> > Gabber, but that seems to drag in Gnome.
>>
>> this is not very helpful, but i'm running gabber with kde and there's no "dr
>ag" that i can see.
>
>I took the statement to mean it "pulls in", "includes", or "requires" Gnome,
>not that it performs poorly.

The Gnomish issue is -- apart from the fact that you have to have all
of Gnome installed -- that it pops up two windows, one of which is used
to iconize/restore the main window.  It's a bit of a nuisance, though
hardly a show-stopper.  I've heard more complaints about having to have
Gnome installed.

		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)