Subject: Re: VMware
To: Sergio Jimenez Romero <TripleDES@eSlack.org>
From: Rasputin <rasputin@idoru.mine.nu>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/22/2002 10:57:10
* Sergio Jimenez Romero <TripleDES@eSlack.org> [020720 15:29]:
> Hi all, I'm trying to configure VMware under NetBSD-1.6D, it runs nice with win98 installed as a guest OS.
>
> When try to configure network, I have some problems cause don't understand so good how to do it.
>
> I wonder if someone can give me some way or documentation that explains how to configure network.

I chose host-only networking when I set it up , that seems most useful.
I'll assume you did the same.

Does an interface called vmnet** show up in ifconfig -a?

(It should do if you put the data into rc.conf you were told to
when you installed VMware).

If so, that's your end of the link to the VM; you need to set up the interface
on the VM to be on the same LAN as that.

Then I just used ipnat to NAT connections fro mthat 'network', same as I do for
the real networks I NAT for - worked a treat.