Subject: Re: amanda tape changer errors
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Jan Schaumann <jschauma@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/18/2002 13:12:55
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 18, 2002 at 12:50:52PM -0400, Jan Schaumann wrote:

> > You wouldn't happen to have patches that bring pkgsrc's amanda up to
> > 2.4.3b3 ?
>
> It's already in pkgsrc: sysutils/amanda-dev*

Oh, d'uh.  Cool.  That appears to have solved the problem.

> > Currently, if I add 'scsitapedev /dev/enrst0', I can perform one action,
> > but afterwards it fails with
> >
> >  26223 chg-scsi CALL  open(0x8069450,0x2,0xbfbfda08)
> >  26223 chg-scsi NAMI  "/dev/enrst0"
> >  26223 chg-scsi RET   open -1 errno 16 Device busy
>
> Do you know at this point why it returns "device busy" ? Does something
> appear in dmesg ?

st0: already open

That's all.

> > Again, manually ejecting the tape allows me to perform another operation
> > etc.
>
> You mean, physically on the changer, or with 'mt offline' ?

Only manually.  "mt offline" worked, but the next operation failed again
with the above error.

Anyway, using 2.4.3b3 appears to work just fine (from what I can tell so
far).  Thanks a bunch!

-Jan

--
Life," said Marvin, "don't talk to me about life."