Subject: Re: maybe OT: sendmail subject
To: None <vodka@intoxicate.us>
From: Steven M. Bellovin <smb@research.att.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/18/2002 10:21:20
In message <2330.192.168.1.2.1026954420.squirrel@www.asper.org>, vodka@intoxica
te.us writes:

>> From: Root
>> Subject: something
>> To: $user
>>
>> Data
>> EOF
>
>Thanks, but it can't be interactive, because it will be invoked by some
>other application.  So I'm trying to do it in one line, one command kinda
>thing.  Also, I'm getting:
>
>Jul 17 20:04:58 bear postfix/sendmail[2337]: fatal: unsupported: -bt
>
>Any other ideas?
>
>Thanks for the help!

Sorry, I meant -t (read To: and Cc: lines for addresses).  My example
was illustrative; I certainly didn't intend that you type the stuff
exactly as I wrote it.  You can do the same with a program or a shell
script.  Essentially was I was saying is "build your own message,
including the headers, and pass that to sendmail.  And you don't need
-t; you can put the recipients on the command line.  Use popen() from a
program, or system(shell-script-name) or any of the myriad other ways.

		http://www.wilyhacker.com ("Firewalls" book)