Subject: Re: sshd gives failure to bind port 22 error - NetBSD-1.5.2
To: Gerald C. Simmons <simmons@darykon.cet.com>
From: Dave Huang <khym@azeotrope.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/14/2002 15:36:56
On Sun, 14 Jul 2002, Gerald C. Simmons wrote:
> Thanks!!  I should have know better!!  This did the trick. I was able to ssh from my
> machine back to my machine perfectly.

Cool :)

> However, when I try to ssh from my remote machine, I get the following error:
> Jul 14 00:15:21 dakkon sshd[320]: Failed keyboard-interactive for simmons from 208.23.145.112 port 49186 ssh2
>
> What does this mean??

I don't know about that one... I think keyboard-interactive
authentication is standard password authentication. I assume that error
shows up on the machine you're connecting to? Do any messages show up on
the machine you're connecting from? And what if you try to use public
key authentication?

Is the machine you're ssh-ing from running some variant of *nix? If so,
try doing:
ssh -l simmons -v dakkon

and see what that says...
INet: khym@azeotrope.org |  they raise a paw / the bat, the cat /
Dahan: Hani G Y+C 26 Y++ L+++ W- C++ T++ A+ E+ S++ V++ F- Q+++ P+ B+ PA+ PL++