Subject: Re: sshd gives failure to bind port 22 error - NetBSD-1.5.2
To: None <khym@azeotrope.org, simmons@darykon.cet.com>
From: Gerald C. Simmons <simmons@darykon.cet.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/14/2002 00:22:57
On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Dave Huang wrote:
> /etc/service? There's nothing to turn on or off there--it's a list of
> port numbers associated with service names. If you meant that you turned
> it on in /etc/inetd.con, well that's not the place to do it. Try
> turning it on in /etc/rc.conf instead (put sshd=YES in there).

Thanks!!  I should have know better!!  This did the trick. I was able to ssh from my
machine back to my machine perfectly.

However, when I try to ssh from my remote machine, I get the following error:
Jul 14 00:15:21 dakkon sshd[320]: Failed keyboard-interactive for simmons from 208.23.145.112 port 49186 ssh2

What does this mean??

Gerry Simmons
simmons@darykon.cet.com