Subject: Re: kernel for MIPS
To: Dr. Richard Lin <lin@nsysu.edu.tw>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/10/2002 10:58:49
Dr. Richard Lin wrote:
> I need NetBSD to run over the MIPS platform. I am wondering if I can get the
> customerized MIPS kernel by compiling the kernel source code in my i386
> workstation. If so, how should I set the compiler in the i386 workstation.

That's where our cross-build tools kick in :)

Checkout whole tree (cvs co basesrc), run (example for pmax, use appropriate
machine name) from top of checked out tree:

	./build.sh -T /somewhere/tools -t -m pmax

then config the kernel normally, but run

	/somewhere/tools/nbmake-pmax

rather than make in the kernel compile directory.

See also ./BUILDING on top of basesrc tree.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org> http://www.NetBSD.org/Ports/i386/ps2.html