Subject: Re: Denying one user telnet
To: =?iso-8859-1?q?Shyam=20Kumar=20Mangayil?= <linuxhelpin@yahoo.co.uk>
From: Johnny Billquist <bqt@update.uu.se>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/08/2002 15:33:40
On Mon, 8 Jul 2002, Shyam Kumar Mangayil wrote:

> I am hosting a couple of sites at my server , and my style is by
> creating a username - password for every client that I host : Some may
> have to be denied telnet , others ftp .

To deny users from telnet, set the shell to /sbin/nologin
To deny users from ftp, use /etc/ftpusers

Make sure /sbin/nologin is in /etc/shells, or people denied from using
telnet will not be able to use ftp either.

(You could use something other than /sbin/nologin as well, just make sure
it terminates.)

	Johnny