Subject: Programming question - signal handlers
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Paul Goyette <paul@whooppee.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/08/2002 04:44:45
OK, maybe this isn't quite the correct list, but it's the best I can
think of!

There's this program I've been working on, and I'm having some
difficulties dealing with signal handlers.  The program explicitly
catches and handles SIGSEGV and takes some clean-up action so that
some datafiles don't get left corrupted.  But it the process, the
"normal" action of dropping a .core file doesn't happen, so I'm left
without a clue as to where the SEGV occurred.

So, is there any was I can make the program do BOTH the default
sigaction AND the specified handler?  Or, alternatively, is there a
routine I can call from within the program's handler that will drop
a core file suitable for use in gdb?

Thanks!

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Network Engineer | 9DC5 05CF 1AE7 DC42 CCC6 |  paul@whooppee.com   |
|  & World Cruiser | 6858 051E 7AD2 A6B2 4954 | pgoyette@juniper.net |