Subject: Audio Recording - i386
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Richard Grace <rgrace@aapt.com.au>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/08/2002 20:25:18
Hi all.

I've got what I hope is a simple question.

How does one make a recording, using the microphone as input?

I've tried a number of settings with audioctl and mixerctl, and
have tried using audiorecord to create an audio file for playback,
but so far have had no success.

I'm using NetBSD/i386 1.6B and my audio hardware is a Creative
Vibra 128 (I think?) detected as follows:

  eap0 at pci2 dev 7 function 0: Ensoniq AudioPCI 97 ES1373B (rev. 0x06)
  eap0: interrupting at irq 11
  eap0: SigmaTel STAC9721/23 codec; 18 bit DAC, 18 bit ADC, SigmaTel 3D
  audio0 at eap0: full duplex, mmap, independent
  midi0 at eap0: AudioPCI MIDI UART

If there is a more appropriate forum for this question, please
let me know.

Thanks.

Richard.