Subject: Re: automatic login
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@snew.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/03/2002 14:50:57
I'd disagree with that.  telnet became moot when RTM published
his papers in 85 about sniffing passwords.  rsh/rlogin were
hacks that filled the gap.  If I'm using IPSec or a private
LAN, then SSH will still work.  It may be redundant, but with
if a routing change or something else out of the hands of the
end user happens and you lose "private" then you are still
safe.

The only use I'd find it useful is getting onto my terminal
server via rsh cause I can't recompile the EEPROM to use sshd.

I WILL accept kerberized telnet/rsh/rlogin as acceptable.

Quoting Jan Schaumann (jschauma@netbsd.org):