Subject: Re: automatic login
To: Chuck Yerkes <chuck+nbsd@snew.com>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 07/03/2002 14:48:11
On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 02:31:24PM -0700, Chuck Yerkes wrote:

 > You REALLY don't want to use rsh/rlogin.  OpenBSD has now removed
 > it from the tree; a decision I agree with entirely and encourage
 > elsewhere.

Actually, I think removing the rsh/rlogin stuff was a big mistake
on their part.  There are some situations where rsh is preferable
to ssh, and where its use is perfectly safe (I guess I'll go ahead
and speculate now that they don't do much automated testing of
embedded system targets).

The solution to inappropriate use of a tool is not removal of the tool.