Subject: Re: How to turn Sendmail off
To: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
From: Iggy Drougge <iggy@kristallpojken.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/20/2002 21:34:37
Jeremy C. Reed skrev:

>On 21 Jun 2002, Iggy Drougge wrote:

>> Jun 20 03:15:04 dec sendmail[6289]: My unqualified host name (dec) unknown;
>> sleeping for retry Jun 20 03:16:04 dec sendmail[6289]: unable to qualify my
>> own domain name (dec)
>> -- using short name

>So fix this. Add it to your /etc/hosts file (or to your DNS). Also
>consider using full-qualified domain name.

It says so in /etc/hosts:
192.168.0.5    dec
A fully qualified domain name? What would that look like, considering that
it's not on the Internet?

>> >sendmail is used by numerous tools (like mail which is used by cron).
>>
>> But I turned it off in rc.conf...

>You misunderstand. That rc.conf setting is generally for controlling if
>you want to run a smtp mail server. It doesn't get rid of the command
>itself.

I thought it would keep the program from running.

--
En ligne avec Thor 2.6a.

Linux: generous programmers from around the world all join
forces to help you shoot yourself in the foot for free.