Subject: Re: finding 'lost' xterm window
To: Jeff Flowers <jeffrey@jeffreyf.net>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/20/2002 13:29:20
[ On Thursday, June 20, 2002 at 11:18:27 (-0400), Jeff Flowers wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: finding 'lost' xterm window
>
> > > Is there any way I can move it to the middle?
> > >
> > > (I think I'm running rwm and xsm - default for netbsd)
> > >

> > rwm? Do you mean twm?
>
> Sorry to reply to my own mail.
>
> If you meant twm, you can add the "DontMoveOff" setting to your
> .twmrc or the system default twmrc and it won't allow offscreen
> windows.

Twm's DontMoveOff option is a bit "yucky" -- it works better in ctwm,
but I digress...

As for finding a lost window, you can maybe get at it with the icon
manager, or perhaps the "TwmWindows" menu.  I haven't used a bare
default twm in a long time though so I'm not sure if either of those are
easy to access by default.  Unfortunately I don't think f.warpring is
bound to any key or button by default.

(Twm's default configuration is very brain-dead-useless IMVNSHO, but I
digress again! :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods