Subject: Re: 1.6BETA2 UBC problems (partially) fixed
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@chylonia.3miasto.net>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/19/2002 15:47:55
On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 12:15:10AM +0200, Wojciech Puchar wrote:

 > http://simba.unix1.net/netbsd/diff.aobj-accounting
 >

 > now UBC swaps out less agressively. system is quite usable under heavy
 > writes.

Huh, interesting.  aobj's aren't used for much... but they are used
for SYSV shared memory, which is used by the X server (MIT-SHM extention).

I think this patch is correct ... aobj's should be counted as anonymous
memory, because they are.  I'll look at this a little more closely today
or tomorrow.

Can you please file a PR with this patch included?  I want there to be
an audit-trail for this bug in the database.

Thanks!