Subject: Re: Help Installing on Sony Picturebook
To: David Ferlier <krp@freeshell.org>
From: Jerry A! <jerry@thehutt.org>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/17/2002 20:17:48
On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 12:17:45AM +0200, David Ferlier wrote:
:
: If you just want NetBSD (good choice ;-), then you can do like i did
: with my "no-floppy-no-bios-who-supports-2.88m-img-bootable-cds" laptop.
: Do a dd with the traditionnal 2.88 img (i think this is bootbig.fs)
: directly on /dev/wd0c (if i remember well). I know you first need to go
: in an OS to do that, but you surely get to boot any unix os, or maybe
: you already got one on the disk.
:
: After that, remove the cd, reboot and the disk should jump on the netbsd
: bootloader). Hit enter and the kernel boots.
:
: Does it help you or not ? :-)

Actually, scratch my previous response.  This still won't help me.  The
problem is that I need an image other than boot-big.fs.  No pcmcia
support means I have neither cdrom nor network support, so I have no
viable method of installation.  8(

        --Jerry

Open-Source software isn't a matter of life or death...
...It's much more important than that!