Subject: Re: linking against ncurses
To: None <netbsd-users@netbsd.org>
From: Hanspeter Roth <hanspeter_roth@hotmail.com>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/15/2002 18:55:34
  On Jun 14 at 18:48, Frederick Bruckman spoke:

> On Sat, 15 Jun 2002, Julio Merino wrote:
>
> 	USE_NCURSES=YES	make

NEED_NCURSES seems to link against ncurses.

> USE_NCURSES isn't really a user knob, it just happens to work here.
> Better, would be set it conditionally on MUTT_USE_NCURSES in the mutt
> "Makefile", assuming there's a reason anyone would want to do that.
> What functionality does ncurses provide that NetBSD 1.5.3 curses does
> not?

I don't know. I'm just trying. I'm running 1.5.2.
Curses seems to ignore changes in the window size of xterm.
Ncurses seems to honor it, at least after Ctrl-L.
On FreeBsd I can have a white background with `default' when mutt is
linked against ncurses. On NetBsd mutt claims `default' to be unknown.
I can use `white' but this is really some kind of dark white (gray)
which I find a little ugly.

-Hanspeter