Subject: Re: Use of `pkg_chk`
To: Richard Grace <rgrace@aapt.com.au>
From: Jeremy C. Reed <reed@reedmedia.net>
List: netbsd-users
Date: 06/06/2002 08:49:15
On Thu, 6 Jun 2002, Richard Grace wrote:

> It compiled all sorts of things over and over until after about four
> days, when I noticed it was still running, I killed it.

I had same problem with bsdpak --upgradepackages. (I logged all the output
of the script doing that upgrade on May 8.)

It took around nine hours and perl5 was patched, configured, and built 22
times; perl install was attempted 15 times; communicator-4.79,
netscape-4.79 and ns-flash-5.0.47 were installed three times; and digest,
libao, libogg, libvorbis, pth, teTeX-share, teTeX-sharesrc, tgif, unzip,
x11-links and xforms were installed two times each. :(

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/